Lighted Christmas Parade Entry
Parade Entry Instructions
1. Please pre-register your float using the button above if possible. This really helps us out when working parade lineup and gives us a good idea of how many floats we can expect this year's parade to feature. The only requirement is that your float has some type of Christmas lights / lighted element.
2. You are more than welcome to give out candy or items, but you must have a person on foot handing out such items to avoid any dangerous situations. It's dark outside during the parade, so having children running into the street to pick up thrown candy is not safe. Thank you so much for your cooperation with this!
3. Please NO Santa or Mrs. Claus floats, or Grinch floats (unless featuring other characters such as reindeer, Whos, etc.). Santa & Grinch are our special guests and we don't want any imposters in the parade confusing the kids!
4. As this is a Christmas event, we hope you'll embrace the holly jolly nature of this time of year and leave politics out of floats - those coming to enjoy the parade are coming to celebrate Christmas, and it's such an amazing thing when everyone comes together regardless of political ideologies to focus on floats that are merry, bright, and happy.
5. Please turn off your driving lights during the parade so your float is visible and viewers are not blinded - thank you!
5. If possible, please display the name of your group / organization / business using a large poster or sign on the driver's side of your parade vehicle or float. This will help our announcer as he works to accurately announce everyone.
6. Please enter parade lineup from 120th Rd (YC Cemetery Rd) by turning south onto N Main Street. A detailed parade lineup map can be viewed below.
7. You will be asked to STOP in front of the bandstand during the parade for a photo. Please STOP until given the "go ahead" signal from our volunteer.
8. Please be safe and respectful - we're so excited to have everyone's participation and we want everyone to be safe and enjoy themselves. There will be children in the parade and in the marching band, so please drive very slowly, be vigilant, and avoid making loud noises so that everyone can enjoy the National Anthem and our marching bands' performance.
9. If you have any questions, please contact Woodson County Chamber of Commerce at (620) 625-3235 - leave a message if we're away from the phone.