What's Happening at The Chamber - Fall 2022
Updated: Sep 27, 2022
We've been busy here at the Chamber with various activities. In this blog post, I'd like to share some of the tasks and projects that we work on throughout the year.
• Attend local and regional meetings regarding economic development, housing, childcare, regional problem-solving, and more
• Watch for and learn about new grant opportunities for our community - working to apply for those that we qualify for
• Support local Member businesses by providing assistance with promotions, graphic design projects, printing, and advertising local events
• Showcase local assets and businesses through this website
• Support local businesses through Facebook features, ribbon cutting ceremonies, newspaper articles, etc.
• Help individuals and businesses seeking resources in Woodson County on a daily basis
• Work to keep lists of potential rentals in Woodson County up-to-date
• Keep a database of local venues for those wishing to host events in the county
• Design, print, and mail Monthly Newsletters to all Woodson County residents to keep everyone up-to-date on local events and showcase local Member businesses
• Maintain this website to provide information to those living within Woodson County
• Spread the word about local resources and events through Facebook
• Create and publish a yearly Chamber Directory featuring local businesses
Woodson County Tourism:
• Chari is President of the Woodson County Tourism Board, hearing proposals for funding and submitting funds request to the Tourism Board for approval, then meeting with County Commissioners to obtain final approval for such projects
• Attend local and regional meetings regarding tourism in Woodson County, Southeast Kansas, and the Flint Hills Region
• Showcase what Woodson County has to offer as a tourism destination through Facebook, our website, the Woodson County Travel Guide, and word-of-mouth advertising
• Field calls, letters, and in-person visits from those interested in learning more about what to do when visiting Woodson County
• Plan, host, and support local events that bring residents and visitors together to celebrate and enjoy Woodson County
• Collect images through seasonal photo challenges that can be used to showcase the beauty of Woodson County
"Morning Glories" by Caitlin Milner
As you can see, the Chamber is involved in many different projects at any given time! It's always a good idea to call ahead if you have a question for the Director, as she is often out-of-office at professional development experiences and various meetings and workshops to promote and support our county and our region. If Chari isn't in-office, Cindy McDonald is typically there to help you and can take messages for the Director as needed. We hope to be a resource to everyone who is interested in Woodson County - please feel free to stop in or give us a call if you have questions about our county or the Chamber of Commerce.
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you soon at one of the many fall events coming soon in Woodson County! You can stay up-to-date on local events by following us on Facebook @WoodsonChamber and visiting our Monthly Newsletter page here on the website.